Monday, December 8, 2008

The beauties of Montserrat

Since it is a long weekend in Spain (today is a holiday here), and I had no big travels planned, I decided to take a day trip to Montserrat, which is about an hour train ride outside the city. I had heard from other people that had been that it was worth visiting, and I figured "Why not?" So, I set off on Saturday morning to Placa Espanya, where I bought my all-inclusive ticket to Montserrat (includes transportation, lunch, museum entrances, unlimited funicular access, etc).

I arrived at 11:30 at the train station "Montserrat Aeri", which is the platform where you catch the cable car up to the top of the mountain. It's kind of like the tram in Gatlinburg, although smaller and steeper. However, the view was amazing...it was so sunny and clear that I could see for miles. I could even see Mount Tibidabo (highest point in Barcelona) from the top of Montserrat).

Once I got there, I just could not get over how beautiful it was...I went alone, completely content listening to Jars of Clay and talking with God as I gazed over the "glorious spender of His majesty" (Psalm 145:5). When Conchita found out that I didn't go with anyone she seemed shocked. However, I did not feel alone...instead, I felt God's presence all around me in this holy and beautiful place.

The pictures can only do so much, but here you go! MONTSERRAT
Tell me what you think :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are right! It DOES look like an amazing place to see!

Anonymous said...

your pictures look amazing!! I can only imagine how awesome that experience was for you!! Enjoy your last days and I cannot wait to see you in just a couple of weeks!!

~Leah

Anonymous said...

Aww you were listing to Jars!! They are my favorite! Good choice.
-Kevin