Tuesday, October 21, 2008

"When will you realize, Vienna waits for you"

In less than 48 hours I will be in the wonderful land of pastries, classical music, schnitzel, Deutsch, and of course, the best coffee in the world :) As requested by the lovely Katy Cordle, I want to write as much as I can about the experience, and so it starts now.

So much has changed in the past 2 months. When I booked my flight to Vienna, it seemed like the one thing I had to look forward to in the near future. Now I am adjusted to Barcelona; I am starting to remember less the things I miss so much about home and instead realize all of the wonderful things that I will be leaving behind come December. Even still, I am so excited to get on that plane to Austria and revisit the city that still has a piece of my heart.

Leaving Vienna last December was one of the hardest transitions I had to make. As strange as it sounds, I was so homesick for the place I only lived in for four months. I can't wait to go back and be able to fully take it all in. I know that it will be much different; I am a different person, and the circumstances are definitely not the same. Part of what I loved about my semester in Vienna were the people I shared it with. It will be strange to go back to a place that is missing such an essential piece of what I think about when my mind drifts back to those 4 months. Even still, I know it will be a fabulous week!

So look for posts of randomness...I plan to spend a lot of time just wandering around back to the places where I went everyday and took for granted. Expect pictures of Selzergasse 12, Johnstrasse Ubahn, and maybe even a little video of the famous Karlsplatz metro station announcement :) Until then, auf Wiedersehen!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cried when I read this post....

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe you're about to be there! I miss you so much...and Katy, your comment made me tear up. I miss the Vienna roomies.

*AnnE

Anonymous said...

I'm not even a cryer

Dawn said...

I have to agree with both of katy's posts.....i miss you and our house and everyone soo much. tell hi to everything for me

--Dawn

epark3 said...

aww katy you cried?!?!?!!!!!!!!!! AWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I FREAKIN MISS VIENNA!!!!!!! yeah, i really can't believe yo'ure going back. a part of me doesn't want to go back, and just rewind time...

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm...... I don't see ANY posts from Vienna. Random or not. And I definitely don't see any pictures or videos! What's the deal? I was looking forward to seeing and hearing all about the places we visited while there!