Monday, October 6, 2008

Limbo

It's such a strange feeling to be so caught in between emotions. On the one hand, I can finally say that I am glad to be in Barcelona. No, it's not the constant high that I experienced while I was in Vienna, but I am enjoying my time here and feeling like I am learning a lot. But on the other hand, I am still counting down the days until December 19th rolls around (74 days, in case you were wondering).

My time in Barcelona is actually only 110 days, which is nothing in the grand scheme of things. I have now been here for 36 days, so one-third of my semester abroad has already passed. When I think about it that way, it seems like time is just flashing before my eyes. Then, I think that I still have 2 1/2 months left here, and I feel like December will never come. This dilemma puts my emotions on such a roller coaster just within the day. For a person who craves balance and stability in her life, this phenomenon is pretty foreign to me. Living in limbo is difficult...

(Update on my weekend in Costa Brava, including pictures, coming later today!)

1 comment:

Janelle said...

Barcelona makes me feel schizophrenic. Some days are much harder than others.
Everyone told me how wonderful studying abroad was...but
I don't think anyone prepared me for the days that weren't so wonderful.