Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A Happy List

Things in Barcelona are still REALLY tough right now, but I have decided to at least find one good thing every day that I can appreciate it. Thus...the happy list! I will edit/add on as I feel necessary...

Monday 9/8- Had a European chocolate croissant :) Not the best one I've ever had, but still delicious
Tuesday 9/9- Got to shop at H&M and bought a really cute bag. For those of you who know the amazingness that is H&M, be jealous!
Wednesday 9/10- Had coffee with Melanie and had a great 2 hour long conversation, met Aubrey (another study abroad student from another program) who came over for dinner. We had pizza and beer!
Thursday 9/11- Saw the La Diada festival, a Catalunian festival in Barcelona. Too bad it was all in Catalan and I didn't really know what was going on
Friday 9/12- Met some cool girls today and then also had a delicious dinner at Danielle's apartment.
Saturday 9/13- Went to a Spanish poetry reading, which was pretty unique, and got to hang out with Melanie
Sunday 9/14- Church :) It had been 3 weeks and I was missing it terribly
Monday 9/15- A busy day and classes started...I finally have a routine!
Tuesday 9/16- I went to the beach with Lindsey, and it was so relaxing!

Other than that, I have talked to so many people that have been nothing but loving and supportive right now. My parents are amazing and I thank them so much for always wanting what is best for me. My friends from home, school, Vienna, etc. have also been wonderful by making me feel better and not so alone in how I am feeling. I also have been spending a lot of time just reading through the Psalms and gaining strength knowing that God has led me here for a reason. It might be a super challenging, difficult, and lonely time right now, but God is with me here. I know God has so much to teach me, and maybe being alone right now will help me to hear God's voice.

Off to mi clase de espanol....God help me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your idea of making a happy list. I had a hard time when I first got to Melbourne since many of the people in my program already knew each other as well. Hopefully you can make friends with some of the locals and other students in your classes. Hang in there and know that there are people in the states thinking about you and wishing you the very best!

Anonymous said...

i'm really happy to see your happy list, leslie.