Saturday, September 13, 2008

The weekend...well, part of it


It already feels like my weekend should be over even though it just began. Thursday in Barcelona, September 11th, is a holiday called "La Diada." Basically, they celebrate the day that they were defeated by the French army. It's a little weird, but also very nationalistic. Many people in Calalunia, the region where Barcelona is, want to break off from the rest of Spain and be their own country. So, on La Diada, there were a lot of people with their Catalunian flags and talking only in Catalan.

I went with Dannie, Aubrey, and Chrissy. I am really glad that I met Aubrey because even though she's not with IES, she lives really close to me and so we've hung out quite a bit in the past few days. Her senora, Pilar, and Conchita are good friends, which is how we met.

I went out with Chrissy and Aubrey to Placa del Sol on Thursday night to check it out, but it started raining so we didn't stay too long. Friday I went on a walking tour of Montjuic, one of the famous parks here, and then hung out with some girls I met from that. I met Aubrey for coffee and then went to Danielle's for dinner. Her dinner was DELICIOUS and it was nice to get out of the apartment for a meal, too. Afterward, though, they dragged me with them to this bar called Chupitos, and it was so crowded and loud that I didn't stay for long. It took me over an hour to walk/find the night bus home by myself, though, which was definitely not fun. THIS is why I don't go out that much! I just want to be able to sit and chill with people in a place where I can actually hear people talk...

Things are getting better, little by little. I am so ready for classes to start on Monday. I feel so restless right now. I felt like that back at TCU last Spring, and I thought that going abroad would get rid of that feeling, but right now, I still feel like I am just waiting for something to happen...

OH- And I booked a flight to Vienna the other day!!!! :-D From October 23-29, I will be visiting lovely Vienna, and I can't wait! I am going to stay with Pastor Laura from ESUMC. I am so excited to just wander around and see/do all my favorite things, and eat at my favorite pastry shops and cafes! Something to look forward to!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh i'm so jealous that yo'ure visiting vienna. omg seriously i'm like BUBBLING INSIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i can't believe you're going back!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH AHH AH AH AH AH AH . ok ok. breath esther. breath..... awww leslie, enjoy it for me!!! i miss it so very much.