Monday, September 1, 2008

Mi primer dia

Hola! I am now writing this from my first day in Barcelona. I am at my new home for the next four months. Lexi, my roommate, doesn't get here until tomorrow, so it is very strange to be here in my apartment with just me, especially after having 5 other roommates in Vienna. BUT...one thing I am going to try very hard to do while in Barcelona is not compare it too much to Vienna. I know that everyone is going to ask me when I get back about which one was better, and I hope I can honestly say that they were both amazing, but too different to even compare. I want to make this a fresh start, a new adventure.

After meeting with the IES staff this morning at the airport, I got into a cab where he literally just dropped me off on the curb with all of my luggage and a name of my senora. It was incredibly nerve-racking! Conchita Mata, my senora, met me with open arms, however. She showed me to mine and Lexi's room...which is definitely small, but at least there's plenty of closet space. The only thing that really concerns me is that there is one small table that is supposed to serve as a desk for both of us. I talked to my senora for awhile in my broken Spanish. She doesn't know hardly any English, so my Spanish skills better improve! I unpacked, took a short nap, and now I am not exactly sure what the rest of the day will have in store. I will update soon, though...hasta luego!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss you...and I'm kind of jealous too! Have an amazing time!!!

Anonymous said...

wahoooooo! i'm so excited for you! loooooooooove you!

-- lindsey

Jennifer said...

I hope you love barcelona!! its a fun place!!! I am so jealous of you!! have a wonderful time!!!

Anonymous said...

OMG! How exciting! You have to go to Las Ramblas and the beach soon! Have tons of fun!!

Leah said...

just a friend to help you out! :) but i think it should be "mi primer dia" Sorry, I can't help it! ;) Anyways, so glad you made it safe and i'm incredibly jealous that your spanish is going to be so much better than mine whenyou come back! at least we can converse in public and no one else will be able to understand! haha anwyays, i'm sure we'll be talking soon via skype and i cant wait!! Bueno suerte con todo y no pudo esparar oir de ti pronto! Te quiero, mi amiga!

Anonymous said...

glad you made it there safely! we miss you already. hope you have the time of your life living la vida loca!

--- tim

David Slate said...

Hey Leslie It seams like your haveiong a fun time it was good to see you again at Mary's and Darren's wedding

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you will have a permanent journal of your travels this trip! Even though you will be terribly missed I am glad you are going to have such a wonderful experience once again. I am VERY proud of you and we love you very much!